cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change email sender domain

Hello All,

I have created a request form using PowerApps and upon finishing the request, an automated email is sent. This email contains an ID and some other information, but since this is for a company I would need to change the email domain so it wont be received as "External" and may have problems to the users. Is there a way to change the sending domain? 

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
rebeccas
Super User
Super User

Are you using Flow to send the email or PowerApps?

If you use PowerApps to trigger it then it will send from the user in the App. If I do email's generated by an item being created or modified and want to do through Flow I have an account for the company that is System Administrator and I build the Flow under that so that is who it is from.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Helo @rebeccas ,

So I would have to create the flow from the account of the email I would like it to be sent from?

If the Flow is triggered by PowerApps then no..it will send by the person who triggered the Flow in PowerApps, if it is triggered by another action like when an item is created or something then yes or all the emails will show as being from the person who created the Flow. There used to be a way to put in and Send on Behalf of but they took that away a few months ago and last I checked is not back in as an option. I was annoyed when that got changed because that is what I used to do. 

What I do now is create the flow as the System Administrator and then I share it with myself so I can easily edit and check on it without having to log in as the SA.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello @rebeccas ,

Coming back to this one. I made the Training Lead Co-Owner to the app so that he could create a flow with his email. What I have is a Request Portal for Trainers to Request coaching sessions. At the end of the request form there is a "Submit" button. "OnSelect" of that "Submit" button is where I had the Training Leas create the flow so that when the trainer clicks the "Submit" button, an email will be sent from the Training Leads Email (In the flow the Training Lead put his email into the "From" field), but I just tested the flow as a trainer and after clicking "Submit" the request is registered into the SharePoint (Where all the requests go) but no email is sent. Do you know why that is?

@Anonymous 

Normally it is kind of one or the other...either:

* Send the email directly from PowerApps in which case it will come From the person who is logged into the app without any special permissions. This option will not require a Flow to run if you just connect to Outlook in your PowerApps.

Or

* You can have the Submit() in PowerApps just create a new item on your SharePoint list and then separately have your Flow triggered by "When an item is created" and you can set from there who you want it to be from if you need it from someone else (like mine are all from "System Administrator")

Normally if I don't need to save the data to a SharePoint list then I do the email in Flow but if I am saving the information to a SharePoint list then I just do the email in Flow with the trigger being SharePoint - When an item is created

Does this help?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (30,298)