cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change gallery row color when hover over it

Hi All,

I know that there is a possibility to change row color when is selected with property of TemplateFill

If(ThisItem.IsSelected, red, white), but how to change it when user hover over row?

I mean change whole row color, not only one element.

Regards,
Patryk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

There is no direct way to set-up a Hover color for the gallery control.

As a workaround to this, If you have a gallery control that is just to view the data, you can create a label, do not pass any value in the text property, set its alignment to Top and set a hover color for that. This way it will create a hover effect. Make sure that you have Select(Parent) on the "OnSelect" property of the label.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Anonymous 

There is no direct way to set-up a Hover color for the gallery control.

As a workaround to this, If you have a gallery control that is just to view the data, you can create a label, do not pass any value in the text property, set its alignment to Top and set a hover color for that. This way it will create a hover effect. Make sure that you have Select(Parent) on the "OnSelect" property of the label.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Somehow it's fine but when we hover on the data label then the label we added for color is not effecting anymore, but it's working when just hover over the added label but not on data labels. do we have any workaround solutions for this?

In my case the label /hover color blocks the other labels under it. is there any suggestion?

You most likely need to "Reorder" the box and send it backwards or to the back.

St3v3
Regular Visitor

This option works well and is not blocked by other items, but it limits the colour choice.

Create a new text box within the gallery (I called it MouseOver).

Make sure it is at the top of the items in the gallery.

St3v3_0-1651533762966.png

Set its Hover Colour to a strong colour but with a low opacity.

St3v3_1-1651533799553.png

Now when you mouse over, it will partially colour the entire result, works will in light themes.

St3v3_2-1651534179839.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,835)