cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hsantens
Frequent Visitor

Change owner of custom connector

Hi

We have a custom connector that's being used in some apps. Now the owner (publisher) of this connector has left the company. 

Now, no one can update the connector if needed. At this moment we can still re-enable the owners account, but that cannot be done in a few months.

Is there any way we can update the owner of this connector? I have seen some PowerShell cmdlets, but they only refer to the sharing permissions, there is no owner role available.

I hope someone can help me out

regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @hsantens :
I am afraid that the owner role of the connector cannot be assigned.

• At present, you can first give yourself the "Can edit" permission, so that in addition to granting the "Can edit" permission to others, your permissions will be almost the same as the "Owner" (you can share this connection with others)
  • If you have administrator rights, you can use PowerShell to authorize the “Can edit” rights of this connection to yourself and then share it with others.(Do not change owner)

Best Regards,
Bof

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @hsantens :
I am afraid that the owner role of the connector cannot be assigned.

• At present, you can first give yourself the "Can edit" permission, so that in addition to granting the "Can edit" permission to others, your permissions will be almost the same as the "Owner" (you can share this connection with others)
  • If you have administrator rights, you can use PowerShell to authorize the “Can edit” rights of this connection to yourself and then share it with others.(Do not change owner)

Best Regards,
Bof

View solution in original post

PeterVarberg
Regular Visitor

Hi

I find myself in the same situation. The owner has left the company and all users with access to the connector is granted read access.

I have administrator rights, but I'm unsure of how to grant the can edit permissions through PowerShell.

Would the cmdlet Set-AdminPowerAppConnectionRoleAssignment be the right tool?

Best regards

Peter

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,633)