cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change text "Getting your data"

Hi All,

We have a simple edit form connecting with a SharePoint list. The edit form is opened when a user click the link sent in an email. For security reasons, not all users can submit edit form. When some user, who do not have right to submit edit form, click on link the powerapps form is stuck at message "getting your data" (because permissions implemented in SP list level). We want to change this text to something more meaningful - For example - you do not have permission to access this form. 

Is it possible to change "Getting your data" text.

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
hnguy71
Level 8

Re: Change text "Getting your data"

Hi @Anonymous ,
You can control wether or not they can edit the form via SharePoint permissions. Change their access from EDIT or CONTRIBUTE to READ or VIEW. In addition, if you still do want them to be able to edit certain parts of the application, you can create a check against a sharepoint group or list. If the user is not in the list, set the visibility of the email submission button to false

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @hnguy71 . We have already updated permissions on SharePoint and users are no longer able to edit the form. We just want to change the text - "Getting your data"

ProNewbie
Level: Powered On

Hi, I was thinking, why do you send somebody en email with a link to a form they are not supposed to use ?

Just don't send them the email 😕

ProNewbie

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm afraid it's not supported to change the text "Getting your data" currently.

It is set by system by default.

About customizing the text that is provided by the system ,I suggest you express your views on PowerApps Ideas Forum. Your precious feedback will be very helpful for our work.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

What'more, I think @ProNewbie's  and@hnguy71's  ideas are both good.

You could change the form's mode and make different users view different mode. Some could edit, while some could only view.

Or make the users that can not edit the form not receive the edit link, just send them the item's data (html text).

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,407)