cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Change to O365 has broken Powerapps for Sharepoint Custom list forms (again!) - all buttons not working this time

Not sure if this is happening to others but I suspect so.  Around about 24hrs ago ALL of our custom sharepoint list apps in our tenancy simultaneously stopped working.  The problem is that all buttons in an app do not respond, as if the on-select event is just not firing.  Also, I notice that even the built-in save button in sharepoint will not work if there is any On-Save code associated with it.

Obviously this is a major issue for our operations and wondering if anyone knows a fast way to get urgent issues like this addressed.  The support ticket option in powerapps admin is low priority only.

One other important piece of information.  I found that if I republished an app with just a small cosmetic change (eg change text on a label), that the new published version does work normally again, but only for a couple of minutes until it becomes unresponsive again.  Hopefully someone at MS might be reading this and might get some clues from this.

It is obviously very frustrating that customers are trying to leverage powerapps but as with other areas of MS recently, it seems that changes to the platform are not sufficiently tested and are introducing serious bugs that break major functionality.  This really kills adoption and acceptance.  Only a couple of weeks ago I had a similar thread about the onsave logic in the sharepoint save button suddenly not firing any more.  This was an introduced bug that had to have a fix later rolled out - took nearly 3 weeks in the end.  I love the potential of this platform but these own goals are really starting to kill it - at least in our organisation....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Incident has been closed now, have confirmed all working after clearing cache

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Frequent Visitor

I'm also seeing this exact problem which we only noticed this morning! A very critical issue for us and wondering if there is some sort of workaround.

Frequent Visitor

Seeing this as well! Having a MAJOR impact in how we use the platform. Making it unusable.

Frequent Visitor

@cloudsurfing wrote:

I found that if I republished an app with just a small cosmetic change (eg change text on a label), that the new published version does work normally again, but only for a couple of minutes until it becomes unresponsive again. 

I was able to replicate this and had the same result. It stopped working after ~3 minutes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since yesterday my customised SharePoint form with PowerApps don't open anymore, it just showing Spinner and after that nothing happens. Before that it was working fine.

@Anonymous wrote:

Since yesterday my customised SharePoint form with PowerApps don't open anymore, it just showing Spinner and after that nothing happens. Before that it was working fine.

I think that was caused by SP212301. Even though it's resolved I had to have all users clear their cache before being able to use the forms again. Buttons are still broken though.

Same problem here. Workaround for now: try to use IE.

Same problem on my tenant and many of our customers are suffering the same issue in their too, since yesterday.

Helper I
Helper I

I have the same issue. After republishing it seemed to work, but it broke after a few minutes again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,166)