cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimboSey
Helper V
Helper V

Change value in dropdown based on value in other drodpdowns

Ok so what I am trying to achieve is as follows.

My Workplan App has two seperate SP lists as the data sources. One SP list is for the high level overarching project details. The other SP list is for the lower level details for each project.

I have a gallery on one screen with the projects listed (source is the high level SP list), the gallery has a dropdown for the status column of the individual projects (Not started, In Progress, Complete).

On a second screen I have a gallery for the lower level detail (lower level SP list). So for each project there could be several items of lower level detail. Each lower level detail also has a dropdown for the progress (Not started, In progress, complete).

Id like the higher level dropdown to to auto change to complete when all lower level items for that particular project are marked complete 

Example..

Project 'Paint ceiling' has 8 lower level items. When all lower level items for 'Paint ceiling' are marked complete, id like the dropdown for 'Paint ceiling' on my higher level screen gallery to auto change accordingly.

Is this possible, if so anyone know how?

1 REPLY 1
StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @JimboSey 

I recommend using Power Automate for this process. Power automate (flow) will run whenever a status changes in the Lower Level SP List.

Update Parent (Higher Level) SP list when all lower is completed. So that not only PowerApps and any other system also can be leveraged this update.

Please let me know if any help on the Power Automate or anything. 

Thanks,
Stalin - Learn To Illuminate

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,032)