cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
meredithmincey
Level: Power Up

Changed column name for date selection option, now user cannot add date from app

Hey there.

I had to change the name of a column in a SharePoint list. I updated the app to reflect this change, but now users are unable to add/modify the date from the app. You can select the date, but the date is not saved at all. It works fine in the SharePoint list. PowerApps does not flag any issues. All other date options working correctly. 

What should I do? I've looked for a solution everywhere. Nothing helps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Changed column name for date selection option, now user cannot add date from app

Have you tried removing the column from the form in Power Apps and refreshing the data source and then adding the field back to the form?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Changed column name for date selection option, now user cannot add date from app

Have you tried removing the column from the form in Power Apps and refreshing the data source and then adding the field back to the form?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

meredithmincey

I did. Still doesn't work. In fact, all of the date fields are now no longer working for some reason. Changing a date in the Edit form cannot be saved. 

meredithmincey

Huh. Now they're suddenly working again even though I didn't touch anything. That was odd. Uh, solution accepted?  

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,508)