cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WillemH
Regular Visitor

Changes in App not active without saving and exiting the app

Hello all,

first of all , i am a total beginner with powerapps.
i searched a lot concerning my problem but was unable to find anything.

when i change a formula in powerapps, like for example i put a filter on something,

this change is not active when i test/run the app.
i have to save the app, leave the page, go back in to edit, and then i can see the result.
this is very frustrating, specially for a beginner like me, where i am not always sure if i made the correct change.
i have this behaviour in different browsers.

does anyone have any tips ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@WillemH 

When you make a change in your app in design mode, your changes are immediate.  You can play the app in the designer and test it.  If you are trying to run the app from the list of apps in either your PowerApp player or from the app list, then this will be referring to the Published app only.

But, in the designer, it is immediate and real-time.

If you can describe a little more about a scenario or Formula that is causing you this grief, perhaps there is more to expand on.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jagadeeshk
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

It should work in edit mode without publish or exit.

please share further sequence of code.

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@WillemH 

When you make a change in your app in design mode, your changes are immediate.  You can play the app in the designer and test it.  If you are trying to run the app from the list of apps in either your PowerApp player or from the app list, then this will be referring to the Published app only.

But, in the designer, it is immediate and real-time.

If you can describe a little more about a scenario or Formula that is causing you this grief, perhaps there is more to expand on.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (15,760)