cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WendyP

Changes in an 'Assign to' people field are not saved

Hi,

I have created a canvas app based on a SharePoint list that contains some fields, nothing special. One of them is a people field 'Assign to' where I need to be able to select a person from existing accounts. Works fine. 

But when I open an existing item, click Edit and change some fields, including replacing the person in the people field with another person, all changes are saved, except for the change in the people field. Still shows the first person. 

My 'Save' button simply says SubmitForm(MyForm) & Navigate(OtherForm)

What am I missing...?

Your help will be much appreciated! 😉

Wendy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I removed the datacard and added it again, and now it works. 

It was behaving very strange. I was even allowing me to add 2 persons, didn't gave me an error but didn't save. Also, in SharePoint it wasn't defined as multi select, but in the Power Apps properties, the switch of multi select was on! 🤔 So I think it got corrupted at some point. 

But thanks a lot for your help @RandyHayes , you definitely helped me re-evaluating the multiselect thing. 😉

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@WendyP 

My first question would be, is the column defined in SharePoint to allow Multiple people?  

If so, then that could be the source of the issue.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

No, not defined as multi select...

@WendyP 

Well we can check that one off the list!

I will assume you have created a Canvas app (as opposed to customizing the forms in SharePoint) and that you have either created that From Data or that you added your own EditForms.  (if this assumption is off, please inform)

So, what is the Update formula on your Assign To datacard?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Yes, created a canvas app and I use SharePoint lists as data sources.

The Update formula is the default: DataCardValue11_3.SelectedItems

@WendyP 

And you altered nothing else???  That formula should be DataCardValue11_3.Selected !!

I tried to repeat the steps with a SharePoint list that has a Person column (single person) in it and created an app from Data and chose that list.  I did this just in case the was some new issue with doing so.  But, my formula was correct on the EditForm DataCard.

I removed the datacard and added it again, and now it works. 

It was behaving very strange. I was even allowing me to add 2 persons, didn't gave me an error but didn't save. Also, in SharePoint it wasn't defined as multi select, but in the Power Apps properties, the switch of multi select was on! 🤔 So I think it got corrupted at some point. 

But thanks a lot for your help @RandyHayes , you definitely helped me re-evaluating the multiselect thing. 😉

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,319)