cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sifu
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Changes in gallery are not saved (SPO list)

Hello,

building an app, by customizing SPO list where sometimes the data is not saved from gallery... now i realized that if i refresh the SPO list, click new item...where i have the customized list and try to change the value, then save, it will jump back to the previous value... its visible even in this recording i did below. the odd thing is  that if i then repeat it (since this command for save is a patch i dont leave the app) it works... it failes only if i do it the first time, after refresh....

The default value of this TextInput is: 

If(statusgallery.Text="blank" Or statusgallery.Text="Public Holiday" Or activitygallery.Text="Home Office" Or activitygallery.Text="Business Trip", ThisItem.EndTime, "n/a")

the Items property of gallery is: 

Filter(tna,UPN=upn_label_5.Text, YearMonth=Dropdown_month.SelectedText.Result)

Save Button does:

ForAll(Gallery3.AllItems,
    UpdateIf(
        tna, ID = Value(idvalue.Text),
        {StartTime:from.Text, EndTime: to.Text, TimeAtWork: Value(hoursworked.Text), BreakInHours: Value(break.Text) , PassiveTravelTimeStart: pttstart.Text, PassiveTravelTimeEnd:pttend.Text, PassiveTravelTimeDurringWorkTime: pttdw.Text}
    )
);

Display mode of gallery is "Edit"

DefaultMode of form is: "New"

shajt.gif

2 REPLIES 2
Sifu
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

it seems that the first step is causing the trouble:

if i remove the navigate to loading screan, it works fine, any idea how to navigate to a loading screen while patching

//waiting screen so user is not confused why he is still waiting
Navigate( loading, ScreenTransition.CoverRight);

//patching values to tna table
UpdateIf(
{StartTime:from.Text, EndTime: to.Text, TimeAtWork: Value(hoursworked.Text), BreakInHours: Value(break.Text) , PassiveTravelTimeStart: pttstart.Text, PassiveTravelTimeEnd:pttend.Text, PassiveTravelTimeDurringWorkTime: pttdw.Text}
)
);

//other required parameter so it will show sucsess is navigate to success screen
Navigate(
Success,
ScreenTransition.CoverRight
)

Sifu
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

i had to replace the navigate with a variable that i then connected to a white square and a spinner that were shown on...

//change variable so the spinner is on screen
Set(loadingscreen,true);

//patching values to tna table
    UpdateIf(
        {StartTime:from.Text, EndTime: to.Text, TimeAtWork: Value(hoursworked.Text), BreakInHours: Value(break.Text) , PassiveTravelTimeStart: pttstart.Text, PassiveTravelTimeEnd:pttend.Text, PassiveTravelTimeDurringWorkTime: pttdw.Text}));

//other required parameter so it will show sucsess is navigate to success screen
Navigate(Success, ScreenTransition.CoverRight);

//hide loading spinner
Set(loadingscreen,false);

//refresh source
Refresh(tna)

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,485)