cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Changing Data Sources

My intent is to have data sources dependent on what part number I select. My question is if this is possible and if so, is there a limit to how many data sources I can upload?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Changing Data Sources

You will have to add all the possible datasources to your app. Then say if you want to show a gallery of items based on the part number, you can have multiple galleries for each data source and then hide/show thembased on the part number.

Let me know if you have any questions.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Hardit Bhatia
The Power Addict
https://thepoweraddict.com
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Changing Data Sources

Hi @madlyons ,

Do you want to change the data source within your app dynamically based on some condition?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the If function could achieve your needs. Please consider take a try with the following formula:

If(
   PartNumberDropdown.Selected.Value = "xxxx",
   "DataSource1",
   PartNumberDropdown.Selected.Value = "xxxx1",
   "DataSource2",
)

In addition, there is a limit on the amount of the data sources you could upload into an app -- Don’t connect to more than 30 data sources from the same app. Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/performance-tips#limit-data-connections

The more data sources you uploaded in your app, the more CPU resources, memory, and network bandwidth resource you would consume.

For your app's performance, please do not upload more than 30 data sources into your app.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,267)