Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Changing DataCard Visible property in EditForm breaks on iPhone App

Need a sanity check... Smiley Happy

If you use a Button to change the 'Visible' property of a DataCard in an EditForm so that you can hide or show a field, it works in the browser, but 'breaks' in the latest iPhone App ver 3.18063.36. Was working a few versions ago. Can't say what version.

This is the standard workaround that is used to create the "illusion" of Tabs on a screen.

To test I created an App from Scratch using a SharePoint List and then I did the following:

1. In the EditForm Screen, Selected a DataCard representing a Field (Title) and changed the Visible property to - FormVar="General"
  2. Created a Button called "General" and set the OnSelect property to - Set(FormVar,"General")
  3. Created a second Button called "Status" and set the OnSelect property to - Set(FormVar,"Status")
  4. Set the Screen OnVisible property to - Set(FormVar,"General")

When you first come into the screen, the "Title" field displays correctly and allows you to change the value.

FirstTime.PNG

When you press the Button "Status", the "Title" field disappears as it should.

When you press the Button "General", the "Title" field appears again but you can't see the data portion and you can't edit it.

SecondTime.PNG

Is anyone experiancing this?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Changing DataCard Visible property in EditForm breaks on iPhone App

Hi @eddyg,

Do you want to display the Title Data Card control only when you click the "General" button within your app?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please take a try with the following workaround:

• Set OnVisible property of the screen to following formula:

Set(FormVar,"General")
  • Set Visible property of the Title Data Card control to following formula:

If(FormVar="General",true,false)
  • Set OnSelect property of the "General" button to following formula:
Set(FormVar,"General")
  • Set OnSelect property of the "Status" button to following formula:
Set(FormVar,"Status")

Please take a try with above solution, if the issue still exists, I think this issue is related to the display issue within PowerApps Mobile App (3.18063.36) of iOS Mobile Device.

If you would like this feature to be improved, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

In addition, you could also take a try to uninstall the current PowerApps Mobile App within your iOS mobile device, then install a PowerApps Mobile App with lower version on your side, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Kris,

Thank you for your response.

I did what you suggested although using either formula will work on the visible property as they both equate to true or false.

If(FormVar="General",true,false) - is the same as - FormVar="General"

Neither formula works. Result is the same.

I have a feeling this has to do with the iPhone App version I'm on which is the latest as of now, ver 3.18063.36. Reason I say that is because the App was working at a client of ours across quite a few iPhones and then it stopped working and I got a call. Tested on my phone and the same thing.

I have tried going back to a previous version of the PowerApps iPhone App but that is not an easy thing to do. Been over a few YouTube videos on the subject but none of them work.

Can you tell me what version of the iPhone App you tested this on that worked on your end?

As I said, it works fine in the browser and even on a Windows phone. Can't find an iPhone that has not had the App updated automatically.

How does one go about reporting a bug?

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Using the Visible Property to hide and show a DataCard in an EditForm will display incorrectly on an iPhone.

This works fine in a browser.

This is a known bug and confirmed by Microsoft.

Current workaround is:

Go to App Settings, Advanced Settings and turn off "Improve app rendering (final validation)"

Another workaround is:

Manually set the Height Property for the DataCard either using a formula or hardcoded.

I set it to the following formula and it worked for me - ErrorMessage.Y+ErrorMessage.Height

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,742)