cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Changing Flow name

I have renamed some of my flows - they are now so numerous I need to identify them by the App which uses them.

Having gone in to Edit the Flows, typed the new name in the upper left & saved, I am surprised that the App is still using the old flow name. The flow name APPEARS to have changed alright.

Normally, when I change the silliest small thing, I have to remove the Flow from the App and re add it.

Now, where I would expect the App to fall over because of the new name, it still sees the old Flow name.

How do I REALLY change the flow name?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

@stapes 
I ran into this issue recently.  My solution was to:

• Export the the flow you renamed
  • Import the flow you exported
  • Delete the original flow
  • Link PowerApps to the new flow

It's not a great solution but it worked for me.  I suspect the Flow names stay the same behind the scenes no matter how many times you rename them to prevent breakage.  A similar concept is found in SharePoint when you rename a column: it still retains its original name in PowerApps.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

@stapes 
I ran into this issue recently.  My solution was to:

• Export the the flow you renamed
  • Import the flow you exported
  • Delete the original flow
  • Link PowerApps to the new flow

It's not a great solution but it worked for me.  I suspect the Flow names stay the same behind the scenes no matter how many times you rename them to prevent breakage.  A similar concept is found in SharePoint when you rename a column: it still retains its original name in PowerApps.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Thanks @mdevaney - I think I will leave that for now. Way to long-winded. The Flows folder is much easier to read through now.

Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Thanks for submitting this bug. I'm too facing issues because of this. Hopefully Microsoft will fix it soon.

How do u link PowerApps to the new flow please??

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (87,047)