cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Changing Ownership of Powerapps app

I may be leaving the company I am with soon, and I would be more comfortable being able to transfer ownership.  I'll be opening a support ticket to do so - but I agree a UI option in the portal would be good.

I've added an "idea" to the community - so if you're interested in this functionality, please vote for it.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

what about the backend process of the app?  For instance, we have an app that was created and relies on an excel sheet for data.  Once a certain amount of records has been entered, we must backup the data and clear the sheet.  We have found that despite adding contributors to the app, the excel sheet still requires the original owner to make the needed clean-up effort.  We have shared the excel sheet as well to no avail.

Thank you

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

The permissions of the PowerApps are separate from the permissions of its datasource (inclduing excel spreadsheets).  Adding an owner would not give them access to any excel spreadsheets that the app connects to, and vice versa.

Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

FYI, this can now be done with Powershell using the Set-AdminPowerAppOwner cmdlet

Dean Gross

Office 365- MSCA
SharePoint - MCSE
Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hy!
Can you please help me with this doubght.
What happens if i do this and then the APP owner leaves the company and the HR decide to close his Office365 account?
Thanks!

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Just to complete this:

You can Update the Owner with the "PowerApps for Admins"-Connector using "Set App Owner":

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/powerappsforadmins/#set-app-owner

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,633)