Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oliver_McErlane
Helper II
Helper II

Changing SharePoint site data connection for a PowerApps app

Hi,

I want to test changes for a PowerApps App, therefore I have exported the app and imported again as a new app called <appname>_development.

The app reads and writes from lists on a SharePoint site.

I have duplicated the SharePoint site from <sitename> to <sitename>_development.

I want to change the connection from the new app <appname>_development from the old source <sitename> to the new one <sitename>_development.

How can I do this?

Thanks you,

Ollie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, can you show all the options of the 2.PNG? 
I tried only writting 'Share' on the search input and the SharePoint option was the last one! Try writting the full connection name: SharePoint 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @Oliver_McErlane,

You will need to remove any existing data connections and add a new one to your new Sharepoint list:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/add-data-connection

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.
Oliver_McErlane
Helper II
Helper II

I can remove the data connections ok, see 1.png below

When I go to add new ones, the SharePoint option doesn't exist. see 2.png

Any idea why this might be?

Hi, can you show all the options of the 2.PNG? 
I tried only writting 'Share' on the search input and the SharePoint option was the last one! Try writting the full connection name: SharePoint 

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Indeed, in my experience the SharePoint connector is quite hidden.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.
Oliver_McErlane
Helper II
Helper II

Found it. It was way down the list 👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,584)