cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mindea
Helper II
Helper II

Changing Visible re-orders fields

I have a Yes/No toggle that sets several fields' Visible property from true to false (or false to true when flipped back)

It works OK, but when the toggle is flipped to true the fields re-appear out of order -- often they are shifted to the bottom of the screen. Is there a way to have them keep their order of appearance on the screen?

8 REPLIES 8
abecerra
Helper II
Helper II

Hi

I'm having the same issues as well. If anyone has a fix for this it will be greatly appreciated!

v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mindea,

Could you please share more details regarding the "serveral fields" here?

I will try to reproduce the scenario.

I just tested with some controls like Button, Rating and the other types, when changing the toggle, those controls would stay where it was.

Here I only change the other controls' Visible property with toggle1.value.

56.PNG

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Details

The PowerApp is based on a SharePoint list.

The PowerApp is based on a SharePoint list.

The SharePoint list has 10 text fields and 1 Yes/No field.

In the PowerApp, the fields are arranged such that the first 5 are text fields, then the Yes/No toggle, then the remaining fields, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.

Toggling the Yes/No field to Yes sets the Visible property on fields 6 and 7 to true, but the fields don't appear as 6th and 7th,  rather they appear at the bottom of the screen in the 9th and 10th position.

Let me know if you need more information.

I'm still having this issue.

andrew_blubase
Advocate II
Advocate II

Did you ever receive a useful reply or resolution for this issue?

Hi, Andrew. No, I'm afraid I never received any useful response nor found a resolution for the issue. Seems like it would be a basic, useful feature, but I guess not. I'll keep looking for work-around solutions, though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue and haven't found a work around.

What I've been forced to do is, instead of flipping the field's (datacard's) Visible attribute, I flip the DisplayMode from Edit to Disabled.

Here's the formula I put in the DisplayMode attribute of the control I want to "enable" or "disable". 

If(DataCardValue15.Selected.Value = "other", DisplayMode.Edit,DisplayMode.Disabled)

In the example above I want to enable this control if the value of DataCard15 (a dropdown list) is "other".

Hope this is helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,211)