cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trishmalloy
Level: Powered On

Changing app data sources without breaking everything, is this possible?

Hello,

I created an app in a test environment meaning the data sources (SP lists) were on my site.  Is there a way I can change the data sources to SP lists on a department's production SP site without breaking everything?

Trish

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Changing app data sources without breaking everything, is this possible?

@trishmalloy 

Once you reconnect to a different data source, as long as data source syntax(col names, types) etc. are same it should be fine

In PowerApps, you can always edit and not publish (so users will continue to use last published version)

You can make changes , test, validate and once ready then hit the publish button

morreoever, powerApps has versioning - so you can always traverse between versions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

trishmalloy
Level: Powered On

Re: Changing app data sources without breaking everything, is this possible?

Hi @RezaDorrani ,

So I "Saved as" (with a new name) the app and created new connections to the department's production SharePoint site after creating the SP lists verbatum on the aforementioned site.  I changed the data source connections and refreshed, all seemed to work well until I removed the connections to the test environment.  Then all fields showed up with red X's.

Trish

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,389)