cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trishmalloy
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Changing app data sources without breaking everything, is this possible?

Hello,

I created an app in a test environment meaning the data sources (SP lists) were on my site.  Is there a way I can change the data sources to SP lists on a department's production SP site without breaking everything?

Trish

2 REPLIES 2
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@trishmalloy 

Once you reconnect to a different data source, as long as data source syntax(col names, types) etc. are same it should be fine

In PowerApps, you can always edit and not publish (so users will continue to use last published version)

You can make changes , test, validate and once ready then hit the publish button

morreoever, powerApps has versioning - so you can always traverse between versions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi @RezaDorrani ,

So I "Saved as" (with a new name) the app and created new connections to the department's production SharePoint site after creating the SP lists verbatum on the aforementioned site.  I changed the data source connections and refreshed, all seemed to work well until I removed the connections to the test environment.  Then all fields showed up with red X's.

Trish

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (3,401)