Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexanderUK
Advocate I
Advocate I

Changing form brings up incorrect record constantly

Hi all.

I'm having issues with my Powerapps forms that the incorrect record is being pulled up when moving from CreateForm to View/Edit Form. 

Moving from View to Edit often works (Unless it's done via a button I've added in which for some reason doesn't work).

Even worse it seems to only do this on some forms sometimes or all the the time on others I've created and there's no difference in the coding I've used.

For example on the worst offender. 

All CreateScreen/EditScreen/ViewScreen forms have this as the item code: 

If(IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.Selected) || IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.Selected),First('<LISTNAME>'),SharePointIntegration.Selected)

The button I had to submit was on CreateItem's form was: SubmitForm(CreateItemForm) 

And CreateScreen's OnSuccess was: Navigate(ShowScreen,ScreenTransition.None);Notify("Form Created Successfully!",NotificationType.Success)

However this often would submit the record, but when moving to ShowScreen, the wrong record would appear on some forms, but not others? It's not fully consistent and it also seems to change when PowerApps has an update as well.

Is there any logic to this or am I doing something wrong? My current work around is to clear the submit screen when successful but this doesn't solve the issue of moving from Create to View mode so the process is a bit janky. 

3 REPLIES 3
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@AlexanderUK 

Does the wrong record mean the original record?

it could be a synchronization issue.

Could you try to add Refersh('SP list') code when submitting the form or navigating to other screens?

Sik

When I say wrong record, I mean it doesn't stay on the record that was just submitted or selected, it displays a different one entirely. Usually the first in the list which to me I think means it's not finding the record that was just submitted so it's defaulting to the first one. 

@AlexanderUK 

Does this issue happen all the time for all lists?

Could you go to check the Items property of Form? The syntax should look like this:

If(IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.Selected) || IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.Selected),First([@'SP list name']),SharePointIntegration.Selected)

Also we can try to create a new PowerApps form for a new list to check if this issue exists.

If the issue still exists, please submit a Support to Microsoft for further assistance.

https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support 

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,102)