cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Changing formula so that it is delegable / Operator "IN"

Hello, 

I am looking to get some help on a formula that I have so it is delegable. 

Search(
    Filter(
        'RAIL List',
        'Created By'.Email = _myProfile.mail Or 'Created By'.Email = Office365Users.ManagerV2(_myProfile.mail).mail Or 'Created By'.Email in Office365Users.DirectReportsV2(_myProfile.mail).value.mail,
        Progress.Value = "WIP"
    ),
    SearchBox.Text,
    "Title",
    "Customer"
)

I learned that the Search function is not delegable with a SharePoint List (which I am using), so I need to drop that from the formula. So now I need to figure out a way to display records in a gallery that were created by the User's direct reports which is this piece, which Power Apps is not liking :

Or 'Created By'.Email in Office365Users.DirectReportsV2(_myProfile.mail).value.mail

How can I make this piece of my formula delegable? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @imadorkous 

Please check out my playlist on delegation and how to work around it

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTyFh-qDKAiE6ia-D94Qk5-AzpN4dqOmD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @imadorkous 

Please check out my playlist on delegation and how to work around it

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTyFh-qDKAiE6ia-D94Qk5-AzpN4dqOmD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

View solution in original post

@RezaDorrani ,

Thank you for your response, and the videos! They are great explainations. However, I do run into the issue where if the items are hidden, they don't actually prevent it from being clicked and viewed. Was there something that I am missing or forgot to do? See below is a record that is hidden, but can be click on and will show the content in the form on the right:

2020-05-01 12_41_01- - Saved (Unpublished) - Power Apps.png

Oh wait, I dont think I was using a flexible height gallery. I will message back after fixing this! @RezaDorrani 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,810)