cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Changing value to blank not updating in SP list

Hi All,

The field "Current Report Owner" is a person search field using Combo-box control.

My query is that if the DataCardValue11_3="Data Extract" which is field "Report Type"- then i want the SP list to get updated as BLANK.

I am using the DefaultSelectedItems property here as shown but the values are not getting written over the SP list.

The form does show a blank when working and selecting the Report Type field as Data Extract. And the Current Report Owner cells changes to blank too. The issue however, is that the SP list still reads the old value and does not show blank.

GauravG_0-1611542119779.png

Attaching a GIF- please assist!

f-min.gif

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @GauravG ,

According to your description, let me explain why you encountered this problem.

The point is that you are not using functions that modify data.

The DefaultSelectedItems property cannot modify the data in your data source.

It can only change the value of the "Current Report Owner" control.

So, you could try this:

1\ Open your settings and modify the settings as shown below:

175.PNG

2\ Set the onchange property of the Report Type control to:

If(DataCardValue11_3.Selected.Value="Data Extract",Patch(your data sourse name,ThisRecord,{Current Report Owner:Blank()}));Refresh(your data sourse name)

3\ Set the DefaultSelectedItems property of your Current Report Owner control to:

Parent.Default

Best Regards,
Wearsky
If my post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Super User III
Super User III

@GauravG 

Sorry I missed your message!  Yes, you will need to turn on the Formula-level error management feature to get this to store properly.  

As for all the rest of it - your datacard for the form is using the Selected property of the combobox control in the Update property, so there is nothing else needed.  Certainly do not Patch and then Refresh - this is not only not necessary, but will also impact your performance and other parts of your form.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @GauravG ,

According to your description, let me explain why you encountered this problem.

The point is that you are not using functions that modify data.

The DefaultSelectedItems property cannot modify the data in your data source.

It can only change the value of the "Current Report Owner" control.

So, you could try this:

1\ Open your settings and modify the settings as shown below:

175.PNG

2\ Set the onchange property of the Report Type control to:

If(DataCardValue11_3.Selected.Value="Data Extract",Patch(your data sourse name,ThisRecord,{Current Report Owner:Blank()}));Refresh(your data sourse name)

3\ Set the DefaultSelectedItems property of your Current Report Owner control to:

Parent.Default

Best Regards,
Wearsky
If my post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others. Thanks.

Super User III
Super User III

@GauravG 

Sorry I missed your message!  Yes, you will need to turn on the Formula-level error management feature to get this to store properly.  

As for all the rest of it - your datacard for the form is using the Selected property of the combobox control in the Update property, so there is nothing else needed.  Certainly do not Patch and then Refresh - this is not only not necessary, but will also impact your performance and other parts of your form.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@RandyHayes Thank you so much. I realized the same too that PATCH & REFRESH affected my app badly- not just performance but also the malfunction it brought!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (27,213)