Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AliciaDG
Helper III
Helper III

Char (10) function not working

Hi,

I have an app that i am using for team to place their debrief notes for all the events we do. I have created an email function for them to be able to email the notes to themselves. 

I am using the Char(10) function to create lines between each question asked however when i click the send button it just emails the whole debrief note in one paragraph. Except for the last three questions those come out perfectly. Not sure what i am doing wrong. Also how do i code bold into the headings?

code is below

Office365Outlook.SendEmail(TextInput1,"Debrief Notes for: " & ThisItem.Title & "on " & ThisItem.'Date of Event',Concat('DARWIN EVENTS DEBRIEF NOTES',"Please find details below for: " & "Name of Event: " & ThisItem.Title & Char(10) & "Date of Event: " & ThisItem.'Date of Event' & Char(10) & "What worked well? " & ThisItem.'What worked well?' & Char(10) & "What can be improved? " & ThisItem.'What can be improved?' & Char(10) & "What can you add? " & ThisItem.'What can you add?' & Char(10) & "What could you have done without? " & ThisItem.'What could you have done without?' & Char(10) & "Suggestions for next event? " & ThisItem.'Suggestions for the next event?' & Char(10) & Char(10) & "Report entered by: " & ThisItem.'First & Last Name' & Char(10) & "Email address: "&ThisItem.'Email Address' & Char(10) & ThisItem.'What was your role?' & Char(10) & Char(10)))

email populates link below

Please find details below for: Name of Event: Christmas Eve Date of Event: 12/24/2019 What worked well? Chocolate and candy canes Overall look of foyer Christmas Characters in foyer What can be improved? Range of drinks on offer in Comma What can you add? Additional local elements during service Christmas Lights under our foyers Large Christmas Tree made from lights What could you have done without?

Suggestions for next event? Look at Christmas Brief earlier for local elements Delegate to Creative Moments oversight Christmas costumes for the car park team Confetti!!!

Report entered by: xxxxxxx

Email address: xxxxxxxx

Logistics Oversight

5 REPLIES 5
sayyed007amir
Resolver II
Resolver II

I use this code to break line in mobile device as well as in laptop for notification purpose.
But it may help you to achieve your goal.

Notify("Record already found on this date."& "<br>" & Char(13) & Char(10)&"Please select any other date !!",NotificationType.Error)

Thanks @sayyed007amir  where did you put that code in the powerapp itself? at the end of the code already created?

I used it on OnChange of Date picker, but you can use OnSelect of button and wherever you want to use for any action.

v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AliciaDG :

I've made a test but it worked well on my side ——

My formula:

Office365Outlook.SendEmail(User().Email,"Subject","A"&Char(10)&"B"&Char(10)&"C")

The Result:

2.JPG

I have two alternatives just for you to try:

Solution1:Replace Char(10) with Char(13)

Solution2:Use html tags to control line wrapping,the formula should be:

Office365Outlook.SendEmail(
   TextInput1,
   "Debrief Notes for: " & ThisItem.Title & "on " & ThisItem.'Date of Event',
   Concat('DARWIN EVENTS DEBRIEF NOTES',"Please find details below for: " & "Name of Event: " & ThisItem.Title & "</br>" & "Date of Event: " & ThisItem.'Date of Event' & "</br>" & "What worked well? " & ThisItem.'What worked well?' & "</br>" & "What can be improved? " & ThisItem.'What can be improved?' & "</br>" & "What can you add? " & ThisItem.'What can you add?' & "</br>" & "What could you have done without? " & ThisItem.'What could you have done without?' & "</br>" & "Suggestions for next event? " & ThisItem.'Suggestions for the next event?' & "</br>" & "</br>" & "Report entered by: " & ThisItem.'First & Last Name' & "</br>" & "Email address: "&ThisItem.'Email Address' & "</br>" & ThisItem.'What was your role?' & "</br>" & "</br>"),
   {IsHtml:true}

)

Best Regards,

Bof

Hi @v-bofeng-msft,

apologies for the delay i had to put this project down for a bit but back on it. the code above worked well.

cheers 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (55,978)