cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eliborwick
Frequent Visitor

Char Function

I am building a flow and need to remove new line characters from a string. I have read that the way to do this is by using substitute and the Char(10) to return \n. However, the char function is no longer available after a recent patch. What is the substitute? Surely we are not left without the ability to convert ASCII representations to string.

2 REPLIES 2
GarethPrisk
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Char(10) still appears to work in Studio Version of 3.20081.24

What version are you using? Can you elaborate on your exact pattern for the Flow.

Char Function.png

Thanks for the quick reply. I have found a workaround, which is to use decodeUriComponent and encodeUriComponent and remove the URI representation of the new line this way. However, I am still interested in knowing about Char. 

I do not know how to identify my PowerPlatform version, I am using the webclient under make.powerapps.com. 

Here is a screen shot of the error I am getting when using Char. I am simply setting a string variable using Char(10) as the value.

implementation.pngerrormsg.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,689)