cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Charts not showing to users in model-driven apps

I designed a model driven app which includes forms, views, dashboards and charts. As admin, everything works fine.

I checked all the dependencies for the app, and adjusted the security roles to ensure users have "Read" access to all the dependent entities. The users can see all the records in the forms and in the views. However, in the dashboard (system dashboard, not user-created), they can see the views and the tiles (with correct data) but the system charts do not appear. Instead, an error message is shown: You do not have enough privileges to access the Microsoft Dynamics CRM object or perform the requested operation. For more information, contact your Microsoft Dynamics CRM administrator.

Furthermore, users do not have access to any of the system charts from the "Show Charts" button in the views.

I'm guessing this they are missing a specific privilege in their security role, but I can't figure out what is missing. Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Advocate I
Advocate I

I saw a few posts on different forums about this issue. Different people had the same issue, despite having granted access to the underlying records in the entities.

Finally, I got it working by modifying the security role and granting read access to all the components of the "Customization" tab. Hope this help others stuck with the same problem!

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,315)