cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yoursnani
Helper V
Helper V

Check box for metadata columns ( taxonomy or term store)

Hi

I am customizing SharePoint list with power apps, and have matadata column . I want that should be Multy selected check box . I am struggling to get it . can anyone have idea about it . please help me . 

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Yoursnani ,

Please try and set Default of the Checkbox:

If(ThisItem.Label in SharePointIntegration.Selected.MetadataColumn.Label, true)

However, those Checkboxes that are checked by default will have restrictions and will not trigger the OnCheck property. You will need to create the collection of those selected and saved metadata terms OnEdit/OnView of the SharePointIntegration Control:

ClearCollect(collection, SharePointForm1.Selected.MetadataColumn);
EditForm(SharePointForm1)

Then filter the collection to auto check the Checkboxes:

If(ThisItem.Label in Collection.Label, true)

When editing in the form, OnCheck and OnUncheck to add/remove terms in/from the collection.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Yoursnani ,

Please refer to below threads:

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/274609/is-there-a-way-to-allow-my-lists-create-form-w...

Solved: Setting managed metadata columns based on selected... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

Solved: Patch Term Store column not working - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

However, you will need some additional steps if the managed term set holds more than 20 items. By default, Power Apps could only retrieve up to 20 items from the metadata column. Please refer to below blog to bypass the limitation:

https://www.xylos.com/blog/powerapps-display-more-than-20-items-for-managed-metadata-fields/

In Power Apps customize form, you can use a Gallery in a custom Data Card and use Checkbox in the Gallery, OnCheck and OnUncheck to collect/remove ThisItem record in/out a collection, then Update of the custom data card set to the collection.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

@v-jefferni  thanks for responding . 

I am able to save data . when I am opening same item , it's not showing checked already what we have saved in edit form. Can you please help me with some codes . I am struggling to get

Thank you 

Hi @Yoursnani ,

Please try and set Default of the Checkbox:

If(ThisItem.Label in SharePointIntegration.Selected.MetadataColumn.Label, true)

However, those Checkboxes that are checked by default will have restrictions and will not trigger the OnCheck property. You will need to create the collection of those selected and saved metadata terms OnEdit/OnView of the SharePointIntegration Control:

ClearCollect(collection, SharePointForm1.Selected.MetadataColumn);
EditForm(SharePointForm1)

When editing in the form, OnCheck and OnUncheck to add/remove terms in/from the collection.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

@v-jefferni thanks for the codes . first code was worked well . and I am getting back checked . but what happened here is .if i selected previously TestA and TestB .it will showing checked as it TestA and TestB . when check TestC also . that time it's saving only TestC . 

It's not adding previous data 

Thanks you 

Hi @Yoursnani ,

This situation is exactly what I mentioned in my previous reply. So please follow the two steps and use those formulas instead.

Best regards,

@v-jefferni 

I am get where should I use below code 

Thank you

Hi @Yoursnani ,

Replace the formula that's of Default of the Checkbox.

Best regards,

@v-jefferni 

Thank you 

Got result exactly what I want 

Thank you for everything 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,635)