cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arguerra
Regular Visitor

Check box updates SharePoint list on individual record

Here is what I am working on.

The user will be able to create a new record with their name as the subject or title of that record. Once created, they should be able to access their record and update check boxes on tasks they have completed and save this.

The issue I am having is the check box, when selected, is creating a whole new record on the SharePoint list and not updating the record they created. Also the check box is just putting a 1 or a 0 on the record instead of the text I would like it to add.

Issues

1. Have check box update current record and not create new records on SharePoint list

2. Have check box update SharePoint list with text instead of a 1 or 0

I am really new to Power Apps and have created apps to reference lists but nothing this extensive on updating records.

Any help would be appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13
AmDev
Super User
Super User

Hi @arguerra  - Can you send through details of the code you are using at present along with a screen shot of the arrangement?

Thanks

AJ_Z
Super User
Super User

Could we also get column names for sharepoint lists and name of list in the app

If you appreciated my comments/responses please be sure to Like/Kudo them it really does make me smile 🙂 !

arguerra
Regular Visitor

@AmDev  I currently do not have anything connecting my app check box to my SP list as I was about to throw my laptop out the window lol.

Below is a screen shot of my list columns and currently how my check box, when checked, displays a completed button.

arguerra_0-1639588991585.png

arguerra_1-1639589013103.png

arguerra_1-1639591068628.png

AJ_Z
Super User
Super User

What should the checkbox populate in the form. If 0 what should it be and if 1 what should it be?

If you appreciated my comments/responses please be sure to Like/Kudo them it really does make me smile 🙂 !

arguerra
Regular Visitor

If Checked (1) should be "Completed", if UnChecked (0) should be blank.

AJ_Z
Super User
Super User

If(Checkbox1.Value,"Completed") - needs to be the default / text for Tap 2 port

try that and let me know the outcome

AmDev
Super User
Super User

I see you are getting sorted here - I will leave you in @AJ_Z 's capable hands

arguerra
Regular Visitor

It still put a "1" on my sharepoint list

arguerra_0-1639590871956.png

arguerra_1-1639590659617.png

arguerra
Regular Visitor

Thank you, I appreciate you jumping in to offer your knowledge.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,796)