Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RMD211
Resolver II
Resolver II

Check if Site URL already exists

Hi!

Is it possible to quickly validate if a site URL already exists in a power app?  I have an app where the user adds the site URL but I want the app to check against our list of existing SharePoint sites and return an error if the name is already in use.

EDIT:

I basically want to search our admin centre and make sure that there are no duplicate sites created (a bit like how the admin centre does when you manually create one)

RMD211_0-1646214979448.png

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RMD211
Resolver II
Resolver II
3 REPLIES 3
Jose_Freitas
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi!

You can put an if condition on a submitting button.
If(isBlank(LookUp(dataSource, url = TextInput.Text)), do something, Notify("Url already exists in SP List"))

//EDIT: Just understood you were talking about existing sharepoints list. This answer won't work for that 😕

Ah ok thanks, yes I want to search our admin centre basically and make sure that there are no duplicate sites created (a bit like how admin centre does it when you manually create one)

RMD211_0-1646214979448.png

RMD211
Resolver II
Resolver II

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,933)