Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarloPrincipe
Helper I
Helper I

Check if a Document has a Sharepoint Metadata

Hi Everyone,

We are Currently building an application that uploads file to Sharepoint, We already have a solution to upload files, although our challenge comes from document that has been in Sharepoint before, and will be uploaded again using our application since it upload the document together with its previosu metadata.

Is there a way that powerapps can detect if the document has an existing metadata of some sort?

Thank you in Advance!

@RezaDorrani 
@WarrenBelz 

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hello @CarloPrincipe ,

This is more a Flow Community question as  I assume that is the method you are using to upload the data.

Also are you looking for the file name already being there - I suspect that is much easier than comparing metadata.

If you post this question on that forum, I am sure someone will have the solution.

eka24
Super User
Super User

Kindly watch this video from Tom
https://youtu.be/jw8bjpU7Alw
If you want to update document metadata, read the comments below the YouTube video

If you like this post, give a thumbs up. Where it solved your issue, Mark as a solution

hi @eka24 

What we would like to know is if the document the user what to upload has an existing metadata (document downloaded from sharepoint library) or if it does not (document that does not came from sharepoint library), we would like to as mush as possible contain all this through powerapps only and not use MS flow.

Do you know any solution to this?

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,534)