Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gochix
Resolver I
Resolver I

Check if person uses Mobile or Desktop app

Good evening,

Trying to check if person uses mobile or desktop app.

Main reason is due pictures saved in sharepoint only display on desktop. That's why i connected folder to app and made seperate gallery of ThisItem.Thumbnail.Large so images display for mobile app.

Found a formula that will allow me to check weather person is using mobile app or desktop app and with that information to display chosen gallery ( Mobile or Desktop )

Set(varMobileOrDesktop, If(Location.Altitude > 0 Or Acceleration.X > 0, "Mobile", "Desktop"));

This works fine in Mobile app if i don't rotate my screen in landscape view.

If i rotate screen to landscape and then open app it's displaying that i'm in desktop view..

Any ideas what formula would fix this issue?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Gochix ,

That is the only real test (which I also use), although I have not heard of the Landscape issue before (most of my mobile apps are in Landscape as they are used on iPads). I do have a question though - why don't you simply use the Thumbnail syntax (as I do) for desktop versions as well? If a user wants anything better resolution, they select the photo and it opens 'Link to item' in a browser.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Gochix ,

That is the only real test (which I also use), although I have not heard of the Landscape issue before (most of my mobile apps are in Landscape as they are used on iPads). I do have a question though - why don't you simply use the Thumbnail syntax (as I do) for desktop versions as well? If a user wants anything better resolution, they select the photo and it opens 'Link to item' in a browser.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

@WarrenBelz ,

Thanks for a reply. I thought to use thumbnails on desktop version also. But it was more easy to use normal syntax for desktop. I might think now to change it. Will wait now and see maybe somebody has found solution for this. Will do live test on tablets as most of my users will use tablets and will come back with an update. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,482)