Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bartek1
Helper II
Helper II

Check in and Check out function

Hello,

I am developing an app that will have two buttons - Check In and Check Out. The data is connected with my sharepoint list called EmployeeOffice.

I used the following formulas:

Check in button:

Set(CurrentCheckedInRecord; Patch(EmployeeOffice; Defaults(EmployeeOffice);{Title:"Office";StaffFullName:User().FullName;StaffEmail:User().Email;CheckIn:Now()}));; Navigate(CheckIn;ScreenTransition.Fade)

Check Out button:

Refresh(EmployeeOffice);; If(!IsBlank(CurrentCheckedInRecord); Patch(EmployeeOffice;CurrentCheckedInRecord;{CheckOut:Now()}));; Navigate(CheckOut;ScreenTransition.Fade)

I would like to add the following functionalities:

- you cannot check in again if you didnt check out (the message that you are already checked in should appear)

- you cannot check out if you didnt check in (the message that your have not checked in should appear)

I use FullName of my employees and Email address. Employee will check in and out everyday.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Bartek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sayyed007amir
Resolver II
Resolver II

You can use visible property in that case that will solve your issue very easily.
For example: Show Check In according to user and today date and for check out use if today checked in then only show that button.
Its a rough idea, you can implement.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
sayyed007amir
Resolver II
Resolver II

You can use visible property in that case that will solve your issue very easily.
For example: Show Check In according to user and today date and for check out use if today checked in then only show that button.
Its a rough idea, you can implement.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (1,796)