cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaneOZ
Level 8

Checkbox, Choice or Yes/No column

Hi I wish to have an app, where the user selects a checkbox. 

So far im trying to test the two types of columns choice (with values of YES and NO) and a yes/no column in sharepoint

With both options i have two problems 

1) in the yes no, its more a radio option and the default is set to no (id like for the user to have to press one or the other as if they select no im having a popup box,

2)in the choice column if i change it to checkboxes i get an error in the update with the following code If(AmichoiceCheckboxNO=Check, true,false) 

Defaults set to

ThisItem.Amichoice.Value = "No" for the no checkbox and

ThisItem.Amichoice.Value = "Yes for the yes checkbox

1111.png

Could anyone help myself out with a work around?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Checkbox, Choice or Yes/No column

Hi @shaneOZ , 

For a Yes/No Radio button, Please check the default value propery of the Radio button control, there it is setting the value to Yes/No. If you will just replace it with Parent.Default, so when a New form is created the fields will be cleared out and no value is selected.
MicrosoftTeams-image (40).png

For the checkbox of having choices Yes/No. Please set the oncheck value of both the checkbox to set a variable which holds the selected value:

Yes Checkbox: Reset(Checkbox3);Set(SelectedOption, "Yes")   <<Here checkbox3 is the "No" option checkbox.>>
No Checkbox: Reset(Checkbox2);Set(SelectedOption, "No")     <<Here checkbox2 is the "Yes" option checkbox.>>
Modify the update property of the data card so that it holds a record instead of having a simple string.
DateCard Update Property: {Value: SelectedOption}
MicrosoftTeams-image (41).png

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @shaneOZ 

For your first question, you want to if the radio selected value is No, there is one pop box?

You can try the following workaround, set the Control.visible=If(Radio1.Selected.Value = "No",true,false)

(the green part is the control's name and you can change that on your side)

radio2.PNG

And for your second question, you can reference @yashag2255 's reply.

Hope this could be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @shaneOZ , 

For a Yes/No Radio button, Please check the default value propery of the Radio button control, there it is setting the value to Yes/No. If you will just replace it with Parent.Default, so when a New form is created the fields will be cleared out and no value is selected.
MicrosoftTeams-image (40).png

For the checkbox of having choices Yes/No. Please set the oncheck value of both the checkbox to set a variable which holds the selected value:

Yes Checkbox: Reset(Checkbox3);Set(SelectedOption, "Yes")   <<Here checkbox3 is the "No" option checkbox.>>
No Checkbox: Reset(Checkbox2);Set(SelectedOption, "No")     <<Here checkbox2 is the "Yes" option checkbox.>>
Modify the update property of the data card so that it holds a record instead of having a simple string.
DateCard Update Property: {Value: SelectedOption}
MicrosoftTeams-image (41).png

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @shaneOZ 

For your first question, you want to if the radio selected value is No, there is one pop box?

You can try the following workaround, set the Control.visible=If(Radio1.Selected.Value = "No",true,false)

(the green part is the control's name and you can change that on your side)

radio2.PNG

And for your second question, you can reference @yashag2255 's reply.

Hope this could be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,857)