cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
remariu
Helper I
Helper I

Checkbox Default not recognizing item value

I have a checkbox in which I want the default value to be pulled from a SharePoint List item.  I have a Gallery set up and upon selection of the item, I set the following variable: Set(varRecord, ThisItem).  I have several fields (not in a form) that I want to populate with the SharePoint column values associated with this record.  One of the columns is populated with "Yes"/"No", and I want a checkbox to either show as true (checked) if the Item value is "Yes" and the opposite for "No."

I have the Default property set as follows:

If(varRecord."column_name" = "Yes", true, false)

But this is not working.  It seems to be "remembering" the last values from a previous selection and ignoring this expression.  I have confirmed that varRecord."column_name" is pulling the correct value, but the checkbox is not displaying it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Renee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Try this:   If there are no spaces in your column name it shouldn't need "" around it.

Switch(
   varRecord.column_name,

"Yes",
         true,

"No",
         false
)

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

What type of column is the Yes/No column in the SharePoint list?

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

It’s a text field. 

JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Try this:   If there are no spaces in your column name it shouldn't need "" around it.

Switch(
   varRecord.column_name,

"Yes",
         true,

"No",
         false
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,880)