Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elevate-me
Helper I
Helper I

Checkbox oncheck

Hello everyone!

I'm having an issue with my checkbox value disappearing when I reopen my PowerApp. The checkbox is not part of a form. Instead, it's used to set mark a section in the app as complete. What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's default state is going to decide what it starts off as every time you open the app. Right now its probably set to nothing, or false. If it needs to start as true set checkbox default to true, if it needs to reference a state stored in a sharepoint column, reference that

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

Go to the checkbox control and see what its Visible value is set to

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.

Hello @TheRobRush my visible property is global set varNavigationTabs=2

TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

insert a label above the checkbox and set its text value to varNavigationTabs and then reload and see what it says. If its anything other than 2 thats why your checkbox isnt appearing

elevate-me
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you @TheRobRush . It appears, but what happens is when I close the app and open it back up, the checkbox is unchecked. How do I stop that from happening? User select the checkbox once they've completed a session.

It's default state is going to decide what it starts off as every time you open the app. Right now its probably set to nothing, or false. If it needs to start as true set checkbox default to true, if it needs to reference a state stored in a sharepoint column, reference that

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,149)