Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powerapps890
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Checkbox refresh in gallery

1.jpg

When I type in the search box the checkboxes refresh but only if it's the first time I am searching. Also, when I hit the checkboxes it takes me into the details screen, but i dont have anything coded for that. The same with the search bar if it's the first time it will erase the previous boxes selected. How do i prevent the checkboxes from taking me into the details screen each time and refreshing with the search bar?

5 REPLIES 5
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@powerapps890 

You'll need to take a look at your OnSelect action for the check box.  Is it set to Select(Parent)?  If so that would explain the navigate.

What is your default property on the checkbox?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@powerapps890,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want the CheckBox can maintain its expected state while typing search keywords in the search box?

Could you please share more about your scenario, do you create the app from your data? The Gallery you owned has its default settings. Especially when you Insert CheckBox, the OnSelect property will be set as "Select(Parent)" by default.

You can modify the default formula set within the OnSelect property as below

true

As for the second issue that you mentioned, you want to maintain its original state when the gallery filtered by the search bar.

Do you have a column combined with the CheckBox?

Actually, if this CheckBox doesn't have a corresponding field to be filled with, it is impossible to prevent it from refreshing with the search bar.

Please consider adding a column to combine the value from the CheckBox. Yes/No column will be better. 

Best Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

I fixed the first issue. I am not sure what you mean about a column combined. The search bar was given when i imported my data and it created a gallery. When you  search it unchecks all the boxes that were previously checked. What code do you need to see specifically? @v-qiaqi-msft 

Hi@powerapps890,

@powerapps890 wrote:
I fixed the first issue. I am not sure what you mean about a column combined. The search bar was given when i imported my data and it created a gallery. When you  search it unchecks all the boxes that were previously checked. What code do you need to see specifically? @v-qiaqi-msft 

What I mean is that the CheckBox value should be combined with a field within your data source. Let me make if easy for you.

Annotation 2020-07-13 103100.png

You can see that I have a Yes/No type column named 'CheckboxValue' in my data source. This Checkbox value should be existing in your data source rather than adding freely to your Gallery.

Best Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

Hi@powerapps890,

Have you solved your issue? 

if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more.

Best Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,662)