cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Checkbox will not stay Checked

I have a Checkbox in a Gallery and when I check it - the checkmark disappears.  The Checkbox1_4.value will change to true and then right back to false.

I read a post from August 2017 that mentioned a bug.

I need to know the status of the bug or some insight on why the checkmark disappears and how I can fix it.

Thanks, Marc...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Re: Checkbox will not stay Checked

Hi Curran D,

Thanks for the insight. I just got a solution related to the Checkbox issue I was having on another post I was working with.

This is the link if it might help you in the future.  Kudos out to Sienna.

Checkbox Value needs to Patch or UpdateIf to SharePoint List

Thanks, Marc

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

I had the same issue, just deleted the checkbox and inserted another one.

Also worth checking whether the 'onCheck' action is set to uncheck it as I've also done this before... (onCheck was set to change the value of a variable to false, default value of check box was the variable.)

Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi Curran D,

Thanks for the insight. I just got a solution related to the Checkbox issue I was having on another post I was working with.

This is the link if it might help you in the future.  Kudos out to Sienna.

Checkbox Value needs to Patch or UpdateIf to SharePoint List

Thanks, Marc

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi all - wondering if this bug you mentioned was fixed?

I have the same issue. Unfortunately Sienna's comment in the referenced thread doesn't apply to my scenario as my check mark isn't linked to a column in the list.

I have inserted a check box into a gallery displaying purchasing requisition lines. Idea was for users to enter a PO number (and other fields) into an input field outside the gallery, then check each line for which the PO number should apply. The patch works as expected , but the check mark disappears and will only stay if checked again. It's sure to confused users.

Any insight is appreciated, even if it's another approach to achieve a bulk edit.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@Kenzie 

I was having the same issue. I have a Gallery with a checkbox on each item indicating which rows the user would like to update when they push Submit at the bottom. The CheckBox would add the item to a Collection which would be Patched later.
Outside of the Gallery, there is a Search Box to filter the items in the Gallery. Whenever you enter text in the Search Box, the Gallery would filter, and the CheckBoxes would all clear. The Collection would stay, but this is very confusing to the user.

To solve this, I created a second Collection that would keep the records of which CheckBoxes to keep Checked, and Default is set to this Collection:

OnCheck:

If(IsBlank(LookUp(Boxes,Value=ThisItem.id)),Collect(Boxes,id)); 

OnUncheck:

Remove(Boxes,LookUp(Boxes,Value=ThisItem.id))

Default:

!IsBlank(LookUp(Boxes,Value=ThisItem.id))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,740)