Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaina
Resolver II
Resolver II

Checkbox

Hello,

I have a sharepoint list customize form using PowerApps, and i have a field named Compensating Controls Acceptance in SharePoint list which data type is single line item, but in customize form power apps, it is a checkbox.

jaina_0-1624257335864.png

Addition to that, I have different views for SharePoint customize form. 

jaina_1-1624257391759.png

Now, my concern is that, in Display form, the value of that field doesn't appear. 

For example, I have tick the checkbox, and in SharePoint list, it captures the data like "True" otherwise "False".

jaina_5-1624257657203.png

And I want to display the checkbox with check/tick but it will only display without check/tick value..

jaina_7-1624257738275.png

Here's the formula I created for Display form:

jaina_2-1624257546351.png

jaina_3-1624257561782.png

jaina_4-1624257603488.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
ganeshsanap
Super User
Super User

@jaina Set Default property of check box control on display form/screen to: 

If(ThisItem.'Compensating Controls Acceptance' = "true", true, false)

Please click Accept as solution & ‌‌👍 if my answer helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. If the answer was useful in other ways, please consider giving it ‌‌👍

Best Regards,

Ganesh Sanap

Blog site 

View solution in original post

proxyprochy
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello.

The best way is to set the data type in Sharepoint List to boolean, but this might work aswell:

Just set the Checkbox1_1.Default to If(ThisItem.'Compensating Controls Acceptance' = "true", true)

4 REPLIES 4
ganeshsanap
Super User
Super User

@jaina Set Default property of check box control on display form/screen to: 

If(ThisItem.'Compensating Controls Acceptance' = "true", true, false)

Please click Accept as solution & ‌‌👍 if my answer helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. If the answer was useful in other ways, please consider giving it ‌‌👍

Best Regards,

Ganesh Sanap

Blog site 

proxyprochy
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello.

The best way is to set the data type in Sharepoint List to boolean, but this might work aswell:

Just set the Checkbox1_1.Default to If(ThisItem.'Compensating Controls Acceptance' = "true", true)

jaina
Resolver II
Resolver II

hi @proxyprochy @ganeshsanap , thanks for the response, i tried both your solution, but still the same. i tried to close the window and re-open again still does not work.

jaina
Resolver II
Resolver II

hi @proxyprochy @ganeshsanap , i tried again, i miss placed the formula and it works already. thank you so muuch for the help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,366)