cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
EveB
Level: Powered On

Checkboxes: Automatically uncheck checkbox when another is checked.

I have cuztomised the forms for a SharePoint list.  One of my fields is a multi select choice field, which in order to display on the form I have converted to several checkboxes, using this MS blog. https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/multivaluedchoicesinforms/ .  When the form is saved the value against each checkbox selected is saved back to the SP list field separated by commas.  Great.

The available options I have include; No(Default selected option), Option A, Option B.  I now need to add functionality so that if either Option A or B are checked then 'No' is unchecked.  I have tried updating the OnCheck property for Option A & B to "OnCheck = Checkbox_No = false" which doesnt show any errors but also doesnt seem to trigger when these options are checked in the form.  I have seen some other posts that include createing context variables and using the Default property, however I already use the Default property to post back to the list (see link for MS blog above) and not sure how to include this functionality with what I already have in there.

Any help would be great 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Checkboxes: Automatically uncheck checkbox when another is checked.

Hi @EveB,

You could set the DisplayMode property of this No checkbox to:

If(Checkbox_OptionA.Value Or Checkbox_OptionB.Value,DisplayMode.View,DisplayMode.Edit)

Capture.PNG

But this only works if you do not check No first. So after quite a lot of research and test, I think this cannot be done. You want the default be the exsiting value while editng a item, and you also want to uncheck the No when other 2 are checked. This is not possible so far.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
EveB
Level: Powered On

Re: Checkboxes: Automatically uncheck checkbox when another is checked.

Thanks for your reply @v-monli-msft!  

I have not intentionally set the 'No' checkbox to be selected by default, this seems to have been auto set because 'No' is the first option i have defined in the related list field.  Do you know if there is a way for this not to be the case?  I dont think its necessary for any to be preselected.

Eve

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,875)