cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdamGill
Resolver I
Resolver I

Checkboxes are resetting on submit despite all settings for reset = false!

I am probably doing something fundamentally wrong, but here is my scenario;

I have an App associated with a SharePoint list with 2 Screens and various Data Cards inserted. Within one of the Screens, I have a Edit Form and I have added a Custom Card which is not bound to any particular Field. Within the Custom Card I have a dozen checkboxes, which are all set with [OnCheck = Value(FieldNameXXX)=1]

>Firstly, when submitting the form, (FieldNameXXX) does not get updated in SharePoint with the Value from the OnCheck element of the checkbox.

>Secondly, all of the checkboxes on the Custom Card within the Form reset when you return to it, after the Form is submitted. I have checked the [Reset] Option on the checkbox item - and within the Card - and within the Screen - they are all set to "false".

Could anyone please advise? Have I missed something fundamental?

Thanks!

Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AdamGill
Resolver I
Resolver I

I did my homework... you have to use the Patch function 🙂

To have checkboxes update a Sharepoint list correctly, there are 3 parameter elements:

+ The FieldName must be set as a Yes/No data type in SharePoint

+ the checkbox on the Form Default must = the 'SharePointDataSource'

OnCheck formula must = Patch('SharePointDataSource',ThisItem,{FieldName: CheckboxName.Value})

Solved! 🙂

Adam

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AdamGill
Resolver I
Resolver I

I did my homework... you have to use the Patch function 🙂

To have checkboxes update a Sharepoint list correctly, there are 3 parameter elements:

+ The FieldName must be set as a Yes/No data type in SharePoint

+ the checkbox on the Form Default must = the 'SharePointDataSource'

OnCheck formula must = Patch('SharePointDataSource',ThisItem,{FieldName: CheckboxName.Value})

Solved! 🙂

Adam

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,909)