cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cgreen1983
Level: Powered On

Checking items in gallery to update another gallery

Hi,

I have a gallery of orders, when clicking on the selected record another gallery displays to the right, all of the items relating to that order. The items in an order can each be selected and the order status changed (new, on hold etc).

I have an icon, which I need to display in the order gallery, if any of the items relating to that order have an order status of "cancelled".  So, if I have four items in my order, but one is cancelled, the icon displays. I am struggling to do this; can anyone offer any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Checking items in gallery to update another gallery

Hi @cgreen1983 ,

Could you please explain what you are trying to achieve with some sample data? Like what are the data sources' name and the column types of related columns?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @cgreen1983 

If you want to add this icon on each item inside the second gallery, then you can set the "Visible" property of the icon as:

If(ThisItem.Status = "Cancelled",true,false)

If this icon is outside the gallery and will be displayed if there is any cancelled item in the orders, then you can set the configuration as:

If("Cancelled" in Gallery1.AllItems.Status, true,false)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

cgreen1983
Level: Powered On

@yashag2255 Thanks, that is so close to fixing the issue. The icon is within a gallery, referencing the items in the second gallery. 

I used your second code, which worked when the item is selected in gallery 1, but the icon displays in every item in gallery 1, rather than just in the applicable item. When I select another item in gallery 1, the icon disappears. I am after the icon showing in gallery 1 when the items in gallery 2 include "cancelled items", so that the user can easily see if any orders include a cancelled item, without having to click in to each item in gallery 1.

Thanks,

Chris

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,622)