cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Re: Checking to see if a Record exists, if it does then Patch an update, if not then create a new re

@bdc604 you can now increase the limit beyond 500 records (upto 2000 I believe). I can understand your frustration, but not the sentiment you express. With a little exploration and help from the great community here, it's amazing what one can achieve with PowerApps, there's no shortage of amazing Apps that have been built by members of the communiy here.

If you're just trolling, then I suggest you do it elsewhere. The PowerApps community has by far the best and most helpful members I've come across anywhere.

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Re: Checking to see if a Record exists, if it does then Patch an update, if not then create a new re

The EXPERIMENTAL 2000 row limit is equally arbitrary and almost as prohibitive as 500. I have not been able to get the feature to perform correctly (but there are no guaranties with experimental features).

I think the frustration is more than fair. @bdc604 is not attacking the PowerApps community. He or she is holding up a mirror to the flaws in a badly formed (or at the very least prematurely released) product that has developers writing work arounds to accomplish basic tasks.

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Heres a question; has SharePoint delegation been resolved yet? That is, having SharePoint perform any filtering requirements on the backend and returning only the result? I'm finding conflicting answers online; yes it has, no it hasn't.

If I have a list with 5000 items and only need to return 1 based on a filter condition, will PowerApps (or Flow for that matter) give up after looking at the first 500 (or first 2000) and say 'meh, I tried, couldn't find it', even though it is actually there?

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You may simply hide a submit button based on a filter query.
Your filter should narrow down to a collection of 50 items that you can query against to be helpful.
Using date fields, author.email and submission status should narrow it effectively. As a user may only ever sumit up to 500 items in a given week.

You can easily collect a distinct collection of these 3 columns to compare using the in operator.

Re: Checking to see if a Record exists, if it does then Patch an update, if not then create a new record

I am looking for a similar solution. I have two tables. Table A has one email and one phone number column. I need to perform a lookup in another table, Table B. Table B has 4 different phone number columns (home, work, cell, other) and two different email (home and work). I need table A to run essentially a conditional lookup on table B, for 4 different columns on the phone and then 2 columns for the email and then return a boolean value. Thoughts?.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Mike8 , I tried this approach, but it is always adding a new record instead of updating the existing one. Can you help me here

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @kiritisaranam ,

I will try my best to help.
Are you referring to the following post?
If(
IsBlank(LookUp(Responses,QuestionID=[the ID you want to check]&&UserEmail=User().Email)), <-- returns true or false
Collect(Responses,{...}), <--- Adds a record (if the expression above is true.)
Patch(Responses,LookUp(Responses,QuestionID=[the ID you want to check]&&UserEmail=User().Email),{....}) <--Updates if false
)

It was 2,5 years ago. Maybe something changed.
I think there weren't any comments back then. Hehe.

If you provide to me a sample of the collection that you would like to insert or update data, I can build a formula for you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,480)