cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adsa
Frequent Visitor

Choice Checkbox From Sharepoint To Power Apps

Hi Everyone,

I have a choice checkbox list in sharepoint where an employee handles different relationships.

I am trying to get all the checkbox selections items for that user to Power Apps text box field and have them concatenated as a single text line separated by commas.

However, when I try to add the field to the text box it comes up with an error saying expected a text value.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks You In Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@adsa ,

If you really want to go there, this should work

With(
   {
      vList: 
      Concat(
         ThisItem.'External Relationships',
         Value & 
         ", "
      )
   },
   Left(
      vList,
      Len(vList) - 2
   )
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @adsa ,

What code are you using to concatenate and then attempt to add them to the text box?

adsa
Frequent Visitor

@WarrenBelz 

Concatenate("External Relationships:  ",_selectedUser.'External Relationships')

Thanks @adsa ,

You need to use Concat() - not Concatenate().

Your code is not clear as to what you are attempting, but assuming your Combo Box name is _selecteduser and that the value of a single item was 

_selectedUser.Selected.'External Relationships'

then the Default of the text box with a new line for each item would be

Concat(
   _selectedUser.SelectedItems,
   'External Relationships' & Char(10)
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

adsa
Frequent Visitor

@WarrenBelz 

Thank you for the response, however i'm still having issues.

I have created an employee directory from SharePoint. A user manages external relationships (See screenshots from the original post). These are selected from SharePoint based on with choice checkbox.

In the powerapps gallery for the employee, there are 3 dots that when clicked displays more info about that employee.

I am trying to get all the relationships (From Sharepoint) that the user is managing into a single text line in the more section about that employee.

Please bear with me as I'm new to PowerApps.

Code behind the 3xdots (more info about this employee)

Set(_selectedUser, ThisItem);

As in the sample ouput below, i am trying to have a new line that says:
External Relationships: A, C, R, F

A,C,R,F are the selections from sharepoint selected for that user.

Thanks @adsa ,

Your screenshots did not show any list that you are trying to concatenate.

How does the user select these values (what type of control in Power Apps) - and you please send a screenshot of this with some items selected. 

adsa
Frequent Visitor

@WarrenBelz 

How does the user select these values (what type of control in Power Apps) - and you please send a screenshot of this with some items selected.- This has already been selected and set in Sharepoint.

So when I look for my employee profile I want it to show all the selections from Sharepoint in this format:

External Relationships Managed: Compliance Committee, Divestment To Contract Lease Negotiation, External Accountants

No editing required in Power Apps just want to pull through whatever has been set in Sharepoint for the user to come through on the more info screen in the format above.

@adsa ,

Your original request was 

I am trying to get all the checkbox selections items for that user to Power Apps text box field and have them concatenated as a single text line separated by commas.

ConcatField.PNG

The screen shows they are already concatenated with commas in the field. Are you asking to simply display the 'External Relationships' field in Power Apps?

adsa
Frequent Visitor

@WarrenBelz 

The screen shows they are already concatenated with commas in the field. Are you asking to simply display the 'External Relationships' field in Power Apps?- Yes I am

@adsa ,

So it would simply be a label with the text ThisItem.'External Relationships'.

Sorry I have re-read your post several times and I am just not getting my head around this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,439)