cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Choice columns from SP show error in Power Apps saying "Control expects Text values whereas Rule expects table values"

Hi Community,

Can somebody help me, i want to be able to see the values for multi-value choice column from SharePoint list.

It is showing this error on right below. Cells affected are highlighted with red as well, please help!

GauravG_0-1601323674174.png

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Choice columns from SP show error in Power Apps saying "Control expects Text values whereas Rule expects table values"

Change the Text property of the multi value choice column to something like:

Concat( ThisItem.'multi-value-choice', Value &"; ")

This will separate the array that is your choice column into a string separated by a ;

2020-09-28 15_23_15-App - Power Apps and 3 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge Beta.png

Dennis Newcomb

https://www.linkedin.com/in/dennisnewcombjr/ 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Choice columns from SP show error in Power Apps saying "Control expects Text values whereas Rule expects table values"

Change the Text property of the multi value choice column to something like:

Concat( ThisItem.'multi-value-choice', Value &"; ")

This will separate the array that is your choice column into a string separated by a ;

2020-09-28 15_23_15-App - Power Apps and 3 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge Beta.png

Dennis Newcomb

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

@newk1991 You are amazing and this was quick.

I am getting started with Power Apps today, i am hoping to ask many questions and it will be a pleasure to be learning from you all.

Thanks 🙂

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Keep it coming  GauravG 🙂 I am always open to mentoring others in the community.

Dennis Newcomb

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

@newk1991 

All the multi-choice columns worked except this "File Format" column.

This is a choice column and doesn't accept multiple values as is configured in SharePoint. Do i configure it any differently for Power Apps?

GauravG_0-1601327298594.png

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Try First(ThisItem.'File Format').Value

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

@newk1991  This did not work as intended unfortunately.

I am attaching the screenshot with function and error details below

GauravG_0-1601330906561.png

Also the SP list properties of this column may help- please check below:-

GauravG_1-1601331024740.png   

GauravG_2-1601331048965.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,761)