cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Choice selection too big on mobile

I have several SharePoint choice data fields in my app and when using PowerApps on the computer, the choice dropdown functions correctly as seen below:

PowerApps Dropdown PC.PNG

However, the same function on Android or iOS fills up the entire screen with the choice dropdown:

Screenshot_20190131-125957.jpg

I've tried playing around with the width, locking and unlocking the aspect ratio, and searching all over for people running into a similar issue but haven't gotten anywhere. Does anyone know how to fix this?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Choice selection too big on mobile

I believe this is 'by design'.

Combo boxes take up the whole screen on mobile as there needs to be room for the on-screen keyboard.

I suspect if a drop down has more than a certain number of options (causing it to scroll) it goes to the whole screen mode.

If you only have a few options it seems (for me) to appear on screen in the same way as the web player.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

In my case, I get the same results regardless of how many choices are available (including those with as few as two).

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Just checking, is the control a drop down, or is it a combo box with Allow searching turned off?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It's a combo box with allow searching turned off.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Ah, OK. Change to a drop down of you don't want it to go full screen.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'll give that a shot. How exactly do I go about doing that? 

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

You'll need to add a Drop Down control, set the items property the same as your Combo Box and in the Advanced Properties, choose the field you want to display.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@PaulD1 Thanks for the help so far, really appreciate it!

I tried the dropdowns and while that solves one problem, it feels like it some others. I can't add a dropdown control within the format of the "editform" amongst the data cards that are coming out of SharePoint. I think I'd have to redesign the whole form to implement these. I also ran into some issues with the displayed values but haven't spent too much time on that part yet.

Is there any other way to do this? If not, I might have to request a feature or something.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,768)