cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Choice values from SharePoint periodically breaking/not resolving in combo box dropdown

This is in reference to another discussion thread marked as solved: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/What-is-this-Microsoft-Azure-Connectors-Share.... Although I can relatively quickly fix the issue by retyping part of the formula or sometimes just by selecting the combo box in studio (for each combo box affected), it's only a temporary fix and, before long, the issue is back. It seems to happen mostly with combo boxes that are added outside of a SharePoint form and set to use values from a choice column in SharePoint by setting the Items property to: Choices(Datasource, Column). Eventually, the dropdown choices will suddenly all display "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference" instead of the real value. Anyone else experiencing this?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Choice values from SharePoint periodically breaking/not resolving in combo box dropdown

Hi @dhock ,

I haven't experienced this issue below. My combo boxes always show the choices from SharePoint choice column correclty.  Will the issue solve after you waiting for a while or closing and reopening the app? Where did you usually experience this issue before? On web browser or mobile? Please provide the session ID when the issue reoccur.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Re: Choice values from SharePoint periodically breaking/not resolving in combo box dropdown

@v-monli-msft 
Hi Mona,

Thanks for you reply. I think the issue may eventually resolve by itself although I have never really waited to see. It happened yesterday and I just went into the studio app and selected the combo box and the values resolved after a few seconds, so I saved and re-published, but I've done that before and eventually it happens again. It's not specific to one or even a few combo boxes in the app, either, but it seems it can happen to any of them (but never all at once, only one or a few at a time). The app I'm seeing it in lately is still in development but starting user acceptance testing this week. I've never accessed it over mobile, only in the browser.

Another issue that happens with the combo boxes is that the app checker will flag them as runtime errors from time to time and the formula in the Items property will be underlined in red. It's just the usual Choices(datasource, field name). If I start backspacing from the end and then choose the field name again from the suggestions in the dropdown, after a few seconds, the error goes away.

I will definitely grab the session ID next time it happens and post it here.

Thanks,

Dave

Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

@v-monli-msft

Hi Mona,

This was just reported by our users. I've verified and the session id is: fda62e63-caf0-4b5c-a851-a55e34194209. Thanks for looking into it. I'm also attaching a screenshot below.

DropdownValues.png

Thanks,

Dave

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

@dhock @v-monli-msft 

Thank you for looking in to this. I have he same problem

Kind regards

Olle 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dhock ,

I will try to report this issue and see if others could help.

Sorry for the inconvience.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

@v-monli-msft Hi Mona, When the error occurs, I can make it work again by specifying for the field that it is not possible to search the list (IsSearchable = false). Then the list will be displayed again) With kind regards Olle

Advocate V
Advocate V

Thank you @v-monli-msft. I have not seen the issue for a while now so I wonder if something changed/was fixed. I do still see the datasource formulas sometimes flagged as errors and then they will go away, but I have not seen the dropdown choices all change to "#Microsoft.Azure..." like before. I will report back if I do.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,115)