cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allyseh
Helper I
Helper I

Choices function returning only blanks

I've been working on this problem for a few weeks now, and I've read several other threads here but still can't figure this out.  In D365 we have an entity called Contact Ext (DCE) that has fields Counseling Organization, Proctor Organization, and Marketing Organization, which are all lookups to Organizations. On our CRM form the correct list of organizations displays, but in my canvas app the choices function returns a list of blank entries. What would the correct syntax be? Thank you for the help!

dcecounselingorg.PNG     

choicescounselingorg.PNG

embeddedappemptylist.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Edwin-Abdalian
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

I had a lookup column in my EntityA and I used Choices(EntityA.'Office Lookup') to get the values. What have you selected as the Primary Text of the combo box?

combolookup.PNG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Edwin-Abdalian
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

I had a lookup column in my EntityA and I used Choices(EntityA.'Office Lookup') to get the values. What have you selected as the Primary Text of the combo box?

combolookup.PNG

View solution in original post

I just changed it to be the organization name, and I'm getting results now. Thank you!

Nice!
Please give me a Thumbs Up if my post was helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,495)