cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
THowkins96
Frequent Visitor

Choices with "contains value"

Hi all,

I am looking to amend my choices formula to allow the user to type in values that are contained within the data source. I.E if I am searching for "Apples, Bananas, Pears" currently I would have to start typing with "Apples" whereas I want the option to come up should I decided to start typing with "Banana".

My current formula in Items is: Choices(DataSource.Column)

Thanks

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @BCBuizer 

I managed to figure it out, what I was missing was the Filter function around the choices. I ended up with the below:

Items = Filter(Choices(Recruitment.'Site Name'), Value)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @THowkins96,

You formula seems correct. Can you please share a bit more about the context in which you are working and what it is you are running into?

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Hi @BCBuizer 

I managed to figure it out, what I was missing was the Filter function around the choices. I ended up with the below:

Items = Filter(Choices(Recruitment.'Site Name'), Value)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,915)