Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Choose items from subgrid to another field to mark task complete

hi,

I have a subgrid where the options are filtered from other related fields. Looking for a way to choose the filtered options from a subgrid to a singleline text or multiline text field or mark with yes/no on the subgrid itself(just a way to show that the task is complete). Or do you have a better option to achieve this criteria?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi@Teresa24486

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to make the filtered item to display the "Completed" status?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario?

Yes, there is such field on project task. It is a matter of displaying it to users. You may need to have a custom grid with tasks to display it there.
You could also have a field on time entry and a resource could use a custom field 'Close task' that would trigger the workflow that closes the task.

For more details, you could check the following blog:

https://daytodaydynamics365.com/dynamics-365-project-service-automation-marking-a-project-task-as-co... 

Hope it could help.

Best Regards,

Qi

Highlighted

hi Qi,

I do not have license to Project Tasks.

Teresa24486_0-1606129549699.png

What I meant by choosing from the filtered task is this. I have a subgrid which displays all the filtered tasks from another lookup column. My requirement is I choose my task items from this subgrid and put it on another field just to show it is done. i do not want to type my task items but just choose items. (screenshot below)

Teresa24486_1-1606131019437.png

Also remove items from the grid (not delete) if the task item is not required to be done. I can only delete it which deletes the data from the entity.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,894)