cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dive1
Helper III
Helper III

Circular reference in a form

Hello I have a screen where a user fill a form with it's data that will go in a Microsoft List but in this screen I have a part of the screen that show the data from a DB2 when two entrie of my form is filled 

Filter('MISDB2.REPARATION_APP';NO_OR=Value(NumOr_1.Text) And CODE_AGENCE=CodeAgence_1.Selected.Value)

But I would like to have some of the data that came from this DB2 to be in a label in my edit form so that it can save in my Microsoft List and that I can show it in another screen in a Gallery. But when I enter LabelSocial.Text  in my label it make a circular reference error how I fix that please ?

6 REPLIES 6
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Dive1 

What is the formula on the label?  That would be a place to start.

If you hover over the error message that is telling you there is a circular reference, it will tell you the circular path of controls that is creating the issue.  Check each one of those controls properties to determine the circular reference.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

the formula on the LabelSocial where is show the data it's "Raison Social " & ThisItem.RAISON_SOCIALE_CLI

and so when I enter the formula LabelSocial.Text on my label in my form it say that this rule create a circular reference between the properties ....This is the shortest circular reference "datacardvalue13.default -> gallery1.Items -> datacardvalue13.default

So I don't really understand here what I have to do to make it works

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Dive1 

What are the formulas on:

datacardvalue13.default and gallery1.Items 

Those are the formulas that it is complaining about being circular.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
Dive1
Helper III
Helper III

I don't have a datacardvalue13 or I've renamed maybe and it's still show in the error this name I don't know and the galery1 it's the gallery where I show the data from the db2 when two area of my form is filled 

I've added a screen in red it's the galery1 and in blue that the two area from the form that I need to fill in so that it displays the data that is linked with  I have this filter in my galery1 Filter('MISDB2.REPARATION_APP';NO_OR=Value(NumOr_1.Text) And CODE_AGENCE=CodeAgence_1.Selected.Value

Dive1
Helper III
Helper III

anyone know where it come from ?

Dive1
Helper III
Helper III

I still need help here, I still have the error

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,708)