cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicola94
Level: Powered On

Clarification on selling PowerApps

Hello, my manager tasked me with understanding if it is possible to sell PowerApps.

What he is interested in is the following:
1)Is it possible to put an app developed with PowerApps on the AppSource marketplace? If so, how does the process of putting an app on the store works?

2)If it is possible to sell apps, how does the configuration of the Datasources works?
For example, let's say my app needs three CDS Entities to work, connected in various ways, how would that work?

1 REPLY 1
Edwin-Abdalian
Level 10

Re: Clarification on selling PowerApps

I don't have an answer to the first question. but for the second question: You can create a Solution in your environment which contains your Entities in CDS and the Application that you have developed (canvas or model-driven). Then you can export your solution as a Managed Solution which will create a Zip file. You can give the Zip file to your clients to import it into their environment. Because your solution is a Managed solution, you can restrict or limit the modifications that clients can do to your solution.

Please check the CDS documentation about the Solutions and how to publish and release them.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,683)