cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RickPowerapp
Frequent Visitor

Classic simple Office365 Userlookup.

Hi! I'm a total newbie with a lot of UX Experience. And I'm trying to create a simple application that loads a User from Office365/Azure and Displays them in a gallery. Now of course there are loads of tutorials about this and I've been able to load in the users from O365 in a gallery. Now I've been able to style this gallery no problem. However I want to add something extra. 50% of the screen should be the Gallery loading in their Full names, Function and E-mail. The 2nd half of the screen should be a little dashboard just like in the Active directory where you can see other information pulled from Data-sources. 

Long story short. How do I take Users found with the following query and load in the correct user when selected to expand upon in a more worked out interface?

I use this standard line of code in the gallery to look up users in O365 and load them into a Gallery.

Filter(Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:txtEmployee.Text,top:10}),AccountEnabled=true)

Afterwards I need to load the correctly selected user in the 2nd screen by sending the Full name to the 2nd half. 

I'm sorry if I'm a total newbie. But i've been searching everywhere and all the beginner tutorials end without doing something with the full users.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @RickPowerapp,

Do you want to display the Gallery selected user in another screen?

Could you please tell me which control you want to display the selected user's full name?

Actually, the Gallery.Selected including all the info related to the selected user as a format of a record, so if you want to retrieve the full name, you just need to reference to

Gallery.Selected.DisplayName

Not sure which control you want to populate the full name with, I just assume a TextInput or something text box.

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RickPowerapp
Frequent Visitor

Bump, this is what I have so far(company logo and some details made invisible). Any input is appreciated!

Hi @RickPowerapp,

Do you want to display the Gallery selected user in another screen?

Could you please tell me which control you want to display the selected user's full name?

Actually, the Gallery.Selected including all the info related to the selected user as a format of a record, so if you want to retrieve the full name, you just need to reference to

Gallery.Selected.DisplayName

Not sure which control you want to populate the full name with, I just assume a TextInput or something text box.

Best Regards,
Qi
RickPowerapp
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

Yeah I already found the solution and it involved getting Gallery.Selected. thanks for you reply. I'm making this as the solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,340)