cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Cleaning up/removing unused Connections?

I have an app that I built a while ago. That app calls several Power Automate flows, and originally, most of those flows used the "Send an email" action from the Office 365 Outlook connector. We've had pushback from some of the potential users of the app over allowing the Office 365 Outlook connection. Basically, the language used to describe what the connection allows - while technically accurate - is somewhat vague and suspicious. "Why would this app need to create, edit or delete my email messages or contacts??" The app doesn't, but when you use one action from a connector, they need to allow/accept the entire connector, not JUST that action. It'd be great if there were a way for app makers to define some text that appears before that connection dialog so that they could explain what each connection is used for, but that's another gripe for another day.

What I writing about today is "How do I fully remove that Connector from the App?" I've updated the flows to use a different send email action (the one from the generic-looking "Mail" Connector), removed the flows from the Data Sources for the app, saved/published/closed/reopened the app, re-connected the flows where appropriate, and again saved/published/closed/reopened. However, after all that, when I go to the app's details page and look at the Connections tab, the Office 365 Outlook connector is still there. I've confirmed that NONE of the flows used with/connected to the app use it, and ensured that it was removed from those flow entirely. Still, the app says it needs that connection. Any suggestions, short of completely rebuilding the app (which isn't in scope or budget right now)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @ChadVKealey ,

This may be oversimplification, but have you removed the connector in View > Data sources > click on three dots > Remove?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @ChadVKealey ,

This may be oversimplification, but have you removed the connector in View > Data sources > click on three dots > Remove?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Actually, that's exactly what it was and I was overlooking it. Discovered that about 3 hours after posting and never went back to mark it as "solved". 

Highlighted

Thanks @ChadVKealey ,

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily and also closes the item.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,632)